These Terms and Conditions set out the data processing practices carried out through the web by the Game Garage website (Sites) namely: www.gamegarage.com and it's owner Game Garage Ltd (Owner). If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us by email at [email protected].
- All trade marks are the property of their respective owners and we make no warranty or representation in respect of any trade mark.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, we have used reasonable efforts to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
This Privacy Notice details information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the Sites. The Owner provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the Sites.
This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and is subject to the Sites' Terms and Conditions of use. Your use of the Sites and any personal information you provide on the Sites remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions of use.
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to the Sites when choosing to participate in various activities on the Sites such as registering, posting messages in our forums, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Sites, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. The Sites uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- GIFs Information: When you use the Sites, we may employ "clear GIFs" which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Sites.
- Any personal information that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you send messages through the Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Sites changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Sites.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a court order, or search warrant.
- The Owner also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that the Owner believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions of use, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our web site, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Owner, our Users or others.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Sites, in which case the Owner may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Special Provision to Childrens' Privacy
The Owner does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Sites from persons under 13 years of age. The Sites are designed for a general audience but not directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Sites at any time or in any manner. If the Owner learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Sites without verified parental consent, then the Owner will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Change of ownership
In the event that the Sites are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
USE OF THE OWNER'S WEBSITES
Games, movies, and content produced by the Owner shall be known as the SOFTWARE.
The Owner shall be known as the COPYRIGHT HOLDER
Use of the SOFTWARE is contingent on your agreement to the following terms:
GRANT OF LICENSE
The COPYRIGHT HOLDER grants you a limited non-exclusive license to use the SOFTWARE. The license fee is a flexible pricing schedule that may be imposed and altered at any time. At this moment the license fee is free. The COPYRIGHT HOLDER is not obligated to supply any support whatsoever. The COPYRIGHT HOLDER reserves the right to revoke this License and or restrict the use of the SOFTWARE, for any reason. The SOFTWARE may not be linked to from sites that are pornographic, hate related, racist or other types of sites that the COPYRIGHT HOLDER at it's sole discretion deems as being unsuitable. If you are linking to the SOFTWARE from a website and you are notified by the COPYRIGHT HOLDER to remove it you agree to do so immediately. You are not allowed to copy or package the SOFTWARE with your software or other 3rd party software, or require or encourage users to download other software in order to access the SOFTWARE such as adware, toolbars, desktop applications or any other type of software. You are not allowed to require users to dial premium numbers to access the SOFTWARE or promise them access to the SOFTWARE via premium telephone numbers or offer other premium services. The license terms may be changed at any time and are available to see on the Game Garage website at www.gamegarage.com
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The SOFTWARE is provided as is without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the COPYRIGHT HOLDER further disclaims all warranties, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, and on infringement, the entire risk arising out of the use or performance of the product and documentation remains with the recipient. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the COPYRIGHT HOLDER be liable for any consequential, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or other damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of this agreement or the use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE, even if the COPYRIGHT HOLDER has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The SOFTWARE and the accompanying files are offered "as is" and without warranties as to performance or merchant ability or any other warranties whether expressed or implied. Because of the various hardware and software environments into which the SOFTWARE may be put, no warranty of fitness for a particular purpose is offered. The user must assume the entire risk of using the SOFTWARE.
SCOPE OF GRANT
You may not copy, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or modify the SOFTWARE in any way. The COPYRIGHT HOLDER and its partners shall retain title and all ownership rights to the SOFTWARE.
This SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
The COPYRIGHT HOLDER is not obligated to provide maintenance or updates for the SOFTWARE. However, any maintenance or updates provided by The COPYRIGHT HOLDER. shall be covered by this Agreement.